Our “10 Key Elements to Storytelling” help you understand how to make your storytelling consistent, clear, and stand out from the rest. Are you in tune with your voice when you write? Do you establish your authority on your subject? Are you listening to your audience’s needs? Do you know your story isn’t just about telling people what they need, but about backing it up with the five Ws – who, what, when, where, and why? These are some of the topics we’ll discuss in this video series. But first, here are a couple of testimonials from clients we’ve helped tell their story:
Peter and Colleen were so easy and attentive when working on my project. Colleen knew I wanted to complete my project before a certain time and provided the necessary push I needed to “just do it.” Peter is an articulate listener and has a tremendous gift of knowing what you want to convey before you do, which is exactly what I needed to complete my project.
I highly recommend Colleen and Peter for any writing project. You’ll greatly appreciate their timely, articulate, and heart-centered work.”
Patti Raggets, Life Coach
Colleen shares our “10 Key Elements to Storytelling” so you, as a tenacious storyteller, can make your copy standout:
- The Storyteller’s Voice – have a consistent voice in your writing sets you up for success; it’s your distinct personality and point of view
- On Who’s Authority? Yours, of Course! – tell your story and establish yourself as the authority speaker, author, blogger…
- Listening to Your Audience – listen to your audience’s needs; it’s crucial whether you’re writing your speech, your book, or your blog
- Editing, Editing, Editing – an edited speech, blog, or book is imperative for establishing yourself as a serious writer
- Three Critical Things to Know When Writing Book (Speech, Blog…) – plan, professional support, and commitment are crucial to being a successful storyteller
- Watch Your Tone! – tone can shift in your writing depending on the mood and attitude conveyed toward your writing
- Providing Valuable Insight into You, Your Business, and Your Story – find your vision for writing and meet your goal(s) and you’ll set yourself up for great storytelling
- Nurture Your Growth, Provide Your Story – grow your business by speaking, writing, and establishing self as expert; it’s all intertwined as your grow in self and business
- Elevate Your Platform; Reach Those Who Matter – increase your presence as a speaker, author, or blogger by sharing your story and reaching the people who matter even if it takes time
- See Your Sales Explode – implement these steps brings it all together and increases your revenue
Why should you listen to our key elements for storytelling? Because we provide the information for you to tell your story, because as a tenacious storyteller you have a goal, so whether your story is a book, a speech, a blog… Your unique storytelling resonates with someone in ways no one else’s story can. Because:
- By learning how to write in your voice and being authentic with your words and language, people notice how your storytelling stands out from others; your unique way of looking at topics and issues. Positive reactions happen as you develop your voice: your ideas are communicated more clearly, you are likely to be noticed by new fans and followers who can share your work. These fans and followers return to your content, and it’s likely your income will increase as you build the relationships with your raving fans and followers.
- By knowing who is your ideal audience and listening to them – their pain points, their questions, you save time and money because you’re connecting with the “right” people who want and need what you have to offer and you develop relationships with them and ultimately opportunities for growth and increased revenue.
- By telling your story, you become known as the authority in what you do; as a speaker you can land more speaking gigs, as an author you can sell more books, and as a blogger, your blogs lead to more readers going to back to your blog and engaging and ultimately you can land paid sponsors which increases your reach and growth for income.
If you’ve missed any of the videos, jump over to our YouTube channel.
We’ve developed a worksheet you can use to fill in questions we ask from each day’s video so your storytelling reaches the level you’re looking to achieve! Download our 10 Key Elements to Storytelling Worksheet below.
Questions? We’re here to answer and assist you every step of the way so your story reaches your ideal audience!
Colleen and Peter